First and foremost, thank you to the Scintillating Scribe Acire for this nomination! She is a lovely writer who publishes excellent short stories and poetry here on WordPress. If you haven’t ran across her writings yet, check out my favorite poem from her!
Here are my answers to the questions that Acire asked me:
- What is your favorite mode of transportation and why?
Skating on my longboard. When I’m riding my board I feel completely fearless and grin like a mad person. Only when I’m riding will I dance and sing out loud. Cars driving by will sometimes slow down to dance and sing along with me when I’m killin’ it.
- What is your favorite foreign food?
Pad Thai! Before I started working at my current job I was an extremely picky eater. Pizza and mac and cheese basically. I’ve worked with a wonderful family of Thai people for the past year whom have introduced me to their cuisine and have helped turn me from the guy who would always order a grilled cheese when we went out to asking about specials and what the server likes most. When I got over my fear of anything different a whole world of foods and spices opened up, just begging to be eaten. In fact, I just had some amazing Pad Thai for lunch.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
It depends on the dog or cat to be honest. I like both equally as much because I grew up with both cats and dogs since I remember. If the dog or cat has a bad attitude or training then guaranteed no matter how ‘cute’ you think your fluffy is I’m gonna hate it and we won’t get along. But if your animal is cool, no matter if its a porcupine or a pigeon, I will vibe and pet your pet and we can be friends.
- What kind of music do you like?
Rather than give you a fat list of my favorite bands and artists I’m simply going to leave my mantra on music. All music that has heart and a message is welcome to my ears. Whether my ears are gonna like it after that is up in the air but I dislike very little music. I’m constantly listening to different genres mainly: the Blues, Hip Hop, Classical and EDM which sprawl sporadically through my playlists. Lately I’ve begun to listen to various motivational speakers and other persons of influence while I write and skate.
- Why did you start your blog?
Simply: to write. I made the decision to become a novelist before realizing that I hadn’t much experience in creative writing. It takes around 10,000 hours of practice to master a craft. I’m one of those obsessive competitive types who does everything to be the best at it. While I understand that no-one person will ever be unanimously lauded as ‘the best writer’, I want to be considered ‘a great writer of influence’ before I leave this Earth. Getting as many hours into the practice of this craft will, in my mind, bring me closer to one of my goals: killing the shitty academic writer inside me yearning for an essay and instead bring forth my inner creative to produce stories that change people’s lives.
- Have you ever flown a kite? And if so, where?
Yes! There was a park near my childhood home where we would go to fly kites at least once a week. It’s been at least a decade since I’ve held a kite… this question makes me want to go to a park with my mom and fly one.
- Would you rather live in the city or country? Why?
The city at this age in my life. I’ve never lived in a ‘big city’ only ever in mass suburbia and then out in the country for a short period. I’d like to move to a city like Seattle or L.A. but I think that when I retire I will go to live in the country, specifically the mountains in Colorado.
- Have you written anything besides your blog?
No, my blog is the intro for my craft and the beginning of my platform. I’m currently working on a novel that I hope to finish before the end of the year.
- Would you rather go to an art museum or a football (soccer) match?
I’ve been to a few different art museum’s such as the Smithsonian. I love art but my childhood sport was soccer. I played for over half my life and also spent a majority of that working at my first job: soccer referee. I love the sport but have never gone to see a professional match so I would have to go there given the option!
- Do you speak more than one language (klingon counts)?
Unfortunately no. I’ve taken the time to learn basic phrases in a few different languages such as Thai and Spanish but I’m nowhere near fluent. I’ve considered becoming fluent in one or more secondary languages but its such a massive time commitment that I feel would be better spent writing, working, marketing or sleeping.
- You are happiest when you are wearing what on your feet?
My Clarks Desert Boots! I wanted these puppies for about six months but due to the pricetag I couldn’t afford to spend minimum wage slave money on shoes. My mom bought them for me for this last Christmas and I’ve only worn them a few dozen times and every single time I get excited to put them on and feel like I’m on top of the world when I walk around. They just look so… well:
I nominate the following eight people because they are producing quality posts and I respect them:
What you need to do:
Make sure to answer the questions below, then nominate up to 11 other blogs. The idea is to nominate those with 500 followers or less. Ask those you’ve nominated 11 questions and make sure to add the Liebster Award sticker to your blog!
Questions for those who have been nominated:
- What three books would you pick if you were told that these were the only ones you could read for the rest of your life? (No encyclopedias)
- If you were to live in any part of the world for a year with all expenses paid where would you go and why?
- What type of computer do you have?
- Did you have to check to answer the previous question?
- Are there any people, famous or otherwise, whom you have attempted to or are emulating?
- Would you rather go to a music festival of your choice or on a week long cruise to a destination of your choice?
- Puff on a joint or sip on some wine?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- Would you ever get a tattoo? If you already do or would what’s the meaning behind your ink?
- Luck, Fate or Karma? Is what we do predestined or do our actions influence our future?
Thank you to everyone who participates and for your support thus far! What a fun award to ‘give’ out!